Saturday, February 20, 2010

when we went to camp he was called birdman.

Jónsi - Go Do from Jónsi on Vimeo.



The first Sigur Ros (Ahem! Solo! Not Sigur Ros entirely. I realized this when I came back and reread this post, no more 3 godawfully too late/early posting for this old lady! My apologies sir!) song that has got me. No, Claire, you are right on. I get it. I love it. It carries me the whole way through. It creates a new nostalgia for me. Our previous conversations were still right on with their radness...but this is different.

Also.

By way of my ever hip and forever ahead of me little brother, and my forever hip and slightly ahead of me husband, please, Claire, listen to Beach House. The newer album, Teen Dream. Please. It will make your heart break in the way you've always wanted it to.



And yes, it was necessary to make this comments publicly and to make them as a break in my blog silence. You understand.

4 comments:

Claire Brewer said...

The prodigal returns! So awesome I don't even know what to say. Okay, I can think of something... or things...

Indeed, our radness integrity is fully in tact. All previous statements remain true. It's just that now we get to add a happy "Hoo-Rah for solo efforts!"

So so so glad you liked it, and not only because I thought I was going crazy, but because it makes me feel like we've hung out.

Also it's made me want to pick up my birdman story again.

Had a dream about your house, a crow came in your bedroom window. Fair Warning. I'm just sayin...

Hoot said...

I had a dream about Amy's house too. The ceiling was too low in the corners and there were antlers hanging from the rafters...

Amelia Anne Flores Ireland said...

those both sound like pretty ominous dreams guys. mmm...

B said...

I love Sigur ros. I stood on those basalt columns he was sitting on, and that cave and the rock formation. There was a border collie on the farm next to the columns who sat with me and played with me there. I just got teary watching the video.