Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quit your Bitchin'


....and get back in the kitchen.



Can you get back into something you never were in? Our new kitchen is bigger and brighter and much better behaved than our old one and yet, since we've moved in I haven't done much cooking. Or experimenting. But, after a week of eating out at every one of the best restaurants in Bellingham (tee hee) I missed a home cooked meal, or rather my pocket book missed it (pocket book?!?). And while the steak at Nimbus was to die for, my steak last night was pretty damn amazing, and for half the price. So...I reenter the kitchen and I fall back in love.

The menu last night:

Pan seared Ribeye in a Spanish Rioja pan sauce. With garlic mashed red potatoes and asparagus. Add a glass of the rioja on the side and bam! (sorry, that was lame.)

And tonight:

The in-laws are coming! And they are going to take us out, because as much as I say I missed cooking I still LOVE LOVE LOVE eating out. It's magical to me, the same as it was when I was a kid. Such a TREAT! But before dinner I will be providing the appetizer, Cumin roasted Fingerling potatoes with Greek sour cream, dill, cilantro, and salmon. Mouth. Watering. And what better to go along with a little papas con cuminos? A Mandarin Mojito with 10 kane rum!

Shit, speaking of which, I've got to go make some simple syrup.

Au revior,
Kitty Kat.


I just cussed, like a lot. Sorry mom!

3 comments:

jonesypie said...

"Pocket book"?! You sound like my mom!

Not Even Hip said...

This is a test to see if I can comment.

Not Even Hip said...

Yay! Hi potty mouth! This is what I wanted to tell you. Sometimes you work and work and wait and wait and finally, finally, your wish comes true. And wow! You have your house! Your cute little dream house! But, then you realize, you kind of liked your little apartment. You'd lived there for years. Your kitchen, while small, was set up the way you like it. Now, although your dream has come true, it's kind of a lot of work. And kind of a let down after the high of acheiving your dream. I'm just sayin', it happens to everyone, I think. Now you get to start over! But, you can take a little break now and let you and your house get to know each other. It's okay to just hang out for a year or two. Your house will tell you when it's time to start cooking again. Maybe it already has. That's just what happens. Now quit bitchin' and be grateful you have such wonderful in-laws who take you out to dinner. Instead of just leaving. LOL.