Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cuppa Cake

Oh! I forgot about these! I made these for the wedding as well...the bride asked a bunch of friends if they would put together a dozen cupcakes for the wedding. It was a great idea, the dessert table was a beautiful array of all different kinds of cupcakes. And there were plenty for everyone to try a couple. I wasn't going to make any but decided someone needed to represent the gluten free world! So I put together some Gluten Free Raspberry Lemon cupcakes.
Did you know Micheal's has the CUTEST cupcake wrappers ever? Well, they do. Also I got it into my head that there existed a raspberry shaped candy. I was a little concerned I wasn't going to find any because I have a tendency to imagine things exist simply because I want them to. This was sooo not the case, right there in the candy aisle of our grocery store was a bag of raspberry candies. And they are reallllly good. The 'leaves' are pear jelly beans. My least favorite flavor, but the color was perfect. The sacrifices I make. The frosting is simply a pre-made vanilla frosting with some organic raspberry preserves and lemon zest. I could've eaten the frosting by the spoonful....oh wait, I did. Which is why I don't make cupcakes very often. I will eat them all. In one sitting. I would like to blame it on baby...but we all know this problem existed long before she did.

xoxo,

craving cupcakes all of a sudden.

No comments: