Friday, December 7, 2012

On the second day of christmas...

I'd like to call this Inspira-post:
 
Birdhouses as Winter Cabins!

Or

Why My Dad is Awesome!

Holiday project post number two is really not much of a project, well it WAS a project that my Dad did, last year. Project number two and I'm already stretching it? Jeesh. This isn't going to last long, tomorrow I'll be posting about how much I like candy canes and calling it good. Dude, but candy canes really are so good.


Let's get on with it! Last year I kept seeing these cool tree silhouettes, some out of wood, some out of metal, some painted, some natural. All of them I wanted. I found some that I really liked in a magazine, but they were very expensive and I just couldn't justify it so I did what any daughter of a woodworking dad does; I sent my Dad a photo of a picture in a magazine of these laser cut out trees. And whaddya know! I got myself some handcrafted, one of a kind, wooden tree silhouettes! They were gorgeous and went up immediately, I think. I don't remember Christmas last year very well. Have I mentioned that we had a one month old? 




They really are beautiful and since last year was such a fuzzy mess, I have been waiting all year to be able to put them out again and really enjoy them. This year they became center stage on our woodland mantle. Apparently donkeys, lions, and moose all live together in my imaginary Christmas forest, as do giant birds who live in giant bird cabins in the snow. Heck, it's Christmas, it's magical, anything can happen.



So as I said, project number two wasn't so much a project as being inspired by one piece of decor and running with it. The snow? It's a garland I got at Big Lots years ago. It hasn't made it's way out since the Fire and Ice party of '07. It's nice that it joined us this year. And there is one little bean who very much enjoys saying 'night night' to her magical Christmas Donkey, Lion, and Moose.


No comments: