Thursday, December 6, 2012

Projectile Christmassing.

Let's see how many empty promises I can make on this little bloggy blog. My new one? I am going to post ALL my holiday projects. From decor to food to crafts. No really. I am...c'mon give me another chance. I've changed, I have, I mean it....

So the reality is that Bean is not going to remember this Christmas. She won't, she'll enjoy looking back at the funny pictures and her mom's ridiculous bun (omygawd only old ladies wear their hair in buns moo-oom), but she won't have those honest to goodness tradition making memories. I mean, the weird part is that WE are going remember this Christmas so well. This is going to be her first real Christmas. Last year she was just one month old when Christmas hit. It was a festive, love filled, blurry, stressful holiday. This year feels so relaxed and so Christmassy. And I hope this feeling of calm is one we can make a tradition. Can you imagine? Calm Christmas' being the tradition. HAHAHAHAhahAhAh. This year is a fluke, I know it, I am waiting for the other candy cane filled shoe to drop. In the meantime I am going to enjoy this feeling, and I will try to remember what it feels like in Christmas' to come.

The relaxed feeling may come from my out-of-character early prepping for the jubilee. I know it is only December 5th (edit-it's actually the 6th, but I wrote most of this post yesterday), but my brain keeps thinking it's Christmas Eve. Seriously. I don't know what is happening to my inner clock. I calmly collected all I needed to make our Christmas cards last night, and even finished the first step. No rush. No panic. Just really thought it was somewhere in late December, when I usually start my Christmas cards. I am not going to complain. Whatever strange universe star alignment that is occurring that is making me 'on top of it' this year I am welcoming with open arms. Oh, and just so you know, it only applies to Holiday things. I'd forget my own ass if it wasn't attached. I've left my wallet at home too many times to count. I've missed appointments. Lost keys. Walked from one room to the next only to turn around because I couldn't remember why I left that room in the first place. (Edit-adding this in just to really drive in the point of me being a nut job in the rest of my life: I just left the bath running, it overflowed, and flooded are bathroom. I am not kidding. There is a load of towels on spin cycle in our washing machine right now so full of sudsy lost bubble bath water. Grrr) So what little organization I seem to have regarding this Holiday season I am going to embrace the crap out of and get. stuff. done.

Project Numero Uno:

Simple yarn and pom pom garland.


And by simple I mean SIMPLE.

Take a real long strand of yarn. Get yourself some craft pom poms. Tie said yarn around said pom pom evenly spaced. Hang from fireplace/tree/dresser/ceiling fan (every time I write ceiling I have to recite "I before E except after C").



Feliz Navidad mis amigos.


besos.

No comments: