Wednesday, January 21, 2009

sunshine breakfast time

I went to bed early and woke up late. And when I woke I opened my eyes to sunshine, for day number three in a row. Stretch, yawn, and then the realization that I had today off. Hmmmm....what to do with myself. Jesse, even in his two million day long sickness managed to clean the house on one of his days off. So I don't have to do that. There is the business of the craft/spare/little bedroom but I can always just close that door. Plus here in Bellingham when the sun is out you are legally (i believe) obligated to go outside. Even if it is to just stand on your porch and stare off into the cold winter sun.

The only decision I could make while I was still lying in bed was that I wanted a smoothie for breakfast. Jesse was already up playing on his computer in the dining room and knowing his state of health he wouldn't have already made himself breakfast. So this smoothie had to be filling, delicious, and not some weird concoction only I would like. I began checking off ingredients we had on hand in the house, frozen blueberries, check, bananas, check, ice, check...well, it was a start. And what a start it was, they turned out delicious. And here are the amazing Baby's Been Sick Blueberry Smoothies, or the Reason to Get out of Bed Vanilla berry Smoothies, or the Sun is out/Cabin Fever Banana berry smoothies, or the My Weekends are on Wednesdays Yogurt Vanilla Smoothies....whatever we call them they made our morning.

(Your name here) Breakfast Smoothies

Frozen Blueberries
Banana
Ice
Vanilla Yogurt
Vanilla
Orange Juice

Blend until satisfied, drink until full.

2 comments:

Hoot said...

I wanted to tell you that Austin and I drank the Boundary Bay Cabin Fever two weeks ago when we had our house warming party. It was good. Our party was fun, we started playing croquet, but when people started getting bored, we decided to play whack-the-ball-around-the-house, which was epic...only one croquet mallet broke though, so it could have been better...

Amelia Anne Flores Ireland said...

i like that you pick random posts to tell me stuff. i miss you guys a lot. especially this time of year when we would be having epic parties and making up games. it sounds like fun.