Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...everyone would be in love with me.


I just heard, on my not-so-secret favorite talk radio program TBTL, that one Mr. Oscar G. Mayer has passed away at the age of 95. He was the third Oscar Mayer to be chairman of everyone's favorite wiener company.

In honor of his passing TBTL played a little ditty from comedian David Sedaris doing the classic "Bologna has a first name..." jingle, as Billie Holiday. Ahem. I almost stopped the car in the middle of the road I was laughing so hard, out loud, by myself, to a recording from an appearance on a late nite show being replayed on a talk radio show of a jingle being sang by a comedian doing an impression of Billie Holiday. Thank you sirs.



Here's to you Mr. Oscar G. Mayer, thank you for your bologna.

And here's to you Mr. David Sedaris for having the kind of childhood that produces such funny, funny, funny.

No comments: