Sunday, July 19, 2009

There but for the grace of god, go I.

Today's facts so far:

1. I actually cried a little when I left my husband in Seattle when I had to come back to go to work. Boy, I either really love him, or I am really pms style. Or maybe both.
2. I was openly, and publicly, cranky today. If you know me you know this is rare. (the publicly part, not the cranky part *wink*)
3. Davinci Bakery on Greenwood in Seattle is a little slice of gluten free heaven. Even though the workers never laugh, or smile, or play into my conversation starters.
4. It's fun having a boss that can't eat the same stuff you can't eat. Yeah gf fairhaven pizza for dinner at work!
5. Seriously. All I did today was eat gf treats. Gf Breaky Sandwich, GF Pizza, GF lemon bar!
6. Oh yeah, I also entered a Chowder bowl with previously mentioned husband and our best buddy Aaron.
7. Oh yeah, Sis in Law also entered.
8. Oh yeah, only one other person entered.
9. Oh yeah, it was only the second time I've ever made chowder.
10. Oh yeah, WE WON!!!!!!!!
11. Dude. Remember how earlier in life I got a really short hair cut, and then I read my favorite blog and she had cut her hair in the exact same style? And then did you go over to my other blog Mending is Better than Ending? And learn that I am off on a three month adventure of not buying clothes or accessories? Well, it turns out me and imaginary blog friend shared a brain again for she has proclaimed no clothes shopping for a few months also. It's too bad that our friendship is a secret. To her.
12. I had a wardrobe change at work today. Giant oversize found sunglasses to understated white frame sunglasses. Blam! Half way through serving italian sodas at the outdoor movie tonite I got itchy for a change. Blam! Always keep extra accesories in your purse.
13. As exhausting as it was, seeing sis in law and bro in law is always good times. good times with gin on the rocks, skaters, and chowda.
14. There is this lady on SNL who always acts the same. I use the term 'act' loosely.
15. Perms?
16. Am I growing my hair out?
17. I HAVE A RED TOMATO. sweet.
18. "There but for the grace of god, go I." these words had very little meaning to me until Mr. Obama's NAACP speech he gave a few days ago. Something about the delivery, something about the sincerity, something about the genuine awe in which he uttered those words...which is really the only way those words should be uttered. In awe. Humble awe. (the god part is weird right? i don't even really notice it, in the way it was intended to be. i do that a lot, i kind of read 'god' not literally. more symbolically as something greater than yourself, but not completely out of your control. hmmm.)
19. Four way stop no you go, no you go, no you go guy. You are one of us.

1 comment:

Jesi said...

you won chowder bowl??? I wanted to go, but was working. coincidentally, i think that bakery is rather close to my work.... i will check it out.
you are officially a bad ass chowder cooking mofo. : )