Monday, August 11, 2008

I'll tell you why.

Because I have been working a lot. And by a lot I mean almost all of my time. When I am done with the working I don't really want to get back on the computer. And by working I don't mean my regular work which allows me the time in the day to drop thoughts off. This kind of work is the kind not at my house/office, this kind of work isn't even happening in my lovely Bellingham. We are prepping for the big Seattle gift show that starts on Wednesday and I was down here all last week helping out and am back again today. The show is from Wednesday-Tuesday (even the weekends, oh!). When the show is over I will treat myself to a pedicure and a bloody mary.

Mostly, I miss Jesse.

Today's facts so far:
1. Gemini's are totally Gemini's.
2. Costco tamales are surprisingly tasty, especially smothered in salsa brava. Although my tummy is a bit grumbly.
3. Fred Meyers is my new favorite store. My first love was Home Dollar on the AVE, then it was the dollar store at Sunset Square, and of course there was Daiso (still very high on the list), I dig Target but only for clothes and accessories. But I have recently rediscovered the wonders of Freddy's.
Examples:
-If you run out of time in the day to get an air mattress for your friends visiting from Ireland and you simultaneously run out of ink in your printer while you are printing your mother-in-laws 60th birthday invitations and it's 10:30pm on a Friday, you can go to Freddy's and find all you need.
-If you only packed one pair of work shoes for a week of work and they bust a hole in them the first day but you don't get off work until 9:30 and you kind of look like a homeless person in the holey shoes, Freddy's will have good work shoes for you, I promise. (and comfy sweats too)
-If you not only want to do the grocery shopping to prepare a bunch of meals for your lover for when your gone and you want to buy the tupperware to store them in, Freddy's will do.
-If you and gluten are not best friends and you need some snacky's and dinners pronto but your not at home or near Manna Mills, Freddy's is your one stop gluten free shopping heaven.
-Mostly, if you just feel like shopping but it's kind of late Freddy's will always satisfy.
4. Maybe I should've changed the header to "Freddy's facts so far"
5. I will not forget to write about the midwest and post pictures. There are some good pictures.
6. I have to go read Breaking Dawn now. Yes, that is the fourth in the series of teenage vampire novels that started with the phenom Twilight. Did I mention I was reading those? Cause I am and they are radical.

No comments: