Monday, August 25, 2008

Tall hopes.

Remember tall cousin?
I was freakishly excited to meet him because who doesn't love really tall people? And I am crossing fingers Jesse and my children will inherit the tall gene. Well, it turns out tall cousin isn't very, um, how do I describe tall cousin? He's a nice guy, terribly typical country guy, actually reminded me a lot of my family in Texas, to be honest. Played a lot of cards, drank a lot of beer, likes to hunt, and slips in really disgusting comments at very inappropriate times. Mostly, I just got the vibe that he didn't want to be bothered too much. Even though I desperately wanted to sit down and pick his tall brain, he's the closest in age to us, of all the cousins and second cousins. But worlds away. He's kind of like Sasquatch, you've just got to catch him in action. I suppose I should've expected that, seeing as the only photo I had seen of him was of his back.


So, this is what I got. Tall cousin in action, being tall.


Despite my lack of bonding with tall cousin I was pleasantly surprised with this little(big) gem in the garage of one of the neighbors. It must be something in the corn, everyone is a giant in Iowa.

No comments: