Friday, June 26, 2009

i am going to eat you up and when i'm done i'm going to take a nap.


I really just wanted to write that sentence down. It is not meant to be dirty, so get your face out of the gutter sirs. Does that ever happen to you? A sentence just starts rolling around in your head, nonsense, but it doesn't go away. Like a song. A song that has never been written. It happens to me a lot. We used to play a game in high school, my friends and I, created by Cori. It was called "Say something you've never said before", the name of the game is the only rule. Asparagus tickles fancy little mangroves. Never said that before. But now I have and I am darn glad about it.

This is how I think I should live my life always. On instinct maybe? Or rather, on spontaneity. Think it, do it. A little research, and a few seconds of thought is ok as well. I had to Google "mangroves" to make sure I didn't just make it up, or that it wasn't some sort of inappropriate word. And you know what? Now I know that Mangroves are trees or shrubs that grow in saline conditions. On the edge of salty waters. It can be a specific plant, or it can refer to all of the plants that grow in these conditions. The entire 'plant assamblage' is called a Mangal. Mangroves are beautiful and defy all of my thoughts of lush plant life. They require sediments and salt and a lot ofwave movement. They need not clean, slowly flowing, refreshing environments. They are highly adaptable. They are mysterious. They make coastal nooks and cranny's wonderful curious adventure worthy spaces. They are the things kids dreams (nightmares) are made of.

Not a bad place I ended up, and all because I needed to get something out of my head.

No comments: