Saturday, June 13, 2009

You say tomato, I say 'holy crap I didn't kill anything, yet!'

Marigold party, chilling with the Allysum, all of which I planted with my mystery dahlia bulbs that I really didn't think were going to do anything at all and I couldn't bare to look at a pot only filled with dirt and I didn't want to be sad when they really didn't do anything. But they did something! And that's them, the little green spikey leaves playing peek-a-boo between the Marigolds in the center there, see them? They are real. Also say hello to the leaves of one of my basils, which we had on pasta on Wednesday night. om nom nom.
random pot of flowers from my favorite customer (my surrogate grandpa, he leaves me plant goodies by my car, he gave me the dahlia bulbs)...I had no idea that the little green leafy things were going to produce such lovely little flowers.
my succulents reaching for the sky.
A peek (peak?) of my rosemary, and one of two of my new solar powered lights.
Linaria, licorice plant, and mystery plant from surrogate grandpa. My first hanging basket that I planted myself.
My big ball of love, Marigold (he's got a brother plant down the box a ways). And an over achieving linaria, I think she may be trying to find her sisters....
My surprise linaria! Hello, striation! Hello, violet! Hello, obsessed with linaria!
Some more over achieving linaria, and towering over everything, it looks like trees in the background, is my oregano...
At last, my 'maters. So happy, freshly groomed, freshly calcified (eggs shells!), freshly fertilized (organic!)...6 little green 'maters and counting. In order of appearance, Health Kick Tomatoes (extra lycopene, wierd right?), lovely Julieta Tomatoes (like small romas I guess, super yums), and the Husky Cherry Reds (my first tomato producer and the one I expected to do the best, with a name like Husky right?)....in the distance you can see the wall flowers that surrogate grandpa gave me. They almost didn't make it, I'm still nurturing them back to life.
My first tomato. Hello beautiful.



5 points if you can spot my funny and sort of fitting spelling mistake. (ironic? i guess sort of.)
Ok, so it's only funny to me, cause I meant to use the word, as it is spelled, in a different part of that sentence and ended up not using it but ended up using a different spelling and meaning of the word in this part of the sentence but I didn't change the spelling so it's funny. to me. 12 pts if you think its funny too.

No comments: