Thursday, June 4, 2009

Limited Edition birthday wine!


Today was a co-workers 21st birthday. Remember those? Most likely you don't. All of our friends turned 21 in what felt like one long spring. Strange shots were taken. Strange clothes were worn. And thankfully we all made it out alive. I was lucky in that I was the first to turn 21, so there were no elders to take revenge on little me. And even though I got off with nary a hangover I still, to this day, take my revenge on the poor newly 21s.

My co-worker (assistant manager to be exact) is a little different though, I don't take her for much of a partier. Or rather, she's a lot more mature than all of us were at her age. She is perhaps a little too responsible for her young age, and I hope that she realizes sooner than later how to let loose and have a little fun. All work and no play....as Jack would say. She smartly took the day off today so I am bringing her birthday surprise to work tomorrow.

A bottle of inexpensive wine, with a fancy personalized label (above). Everyone deserves a little something fancy and with an alcohol content of 11% or more on any of their birthdays. While I appreciate the simplicity of the label I designed I felt she'd appreciate a little more razzle dazzle. And thus the sparkle, the ribbon, and the butterflies...just a note, the toothpick candles they make now work really nicely in the cork of a wine bottle. A little birthday wine anyone?

2 comments:

Aaron B. Hicks said...

Great work on the label! I'd be surprised if your co-worker didn't hold on to the bottle as a souvenir. In the absence of memories after a 21-run, most of us need to hang onto something that triggers at least a little memory, right?

Hoot said...

Amy, you are a freak. In a good way of course.