Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A gluten for punishment.

She lectured me about my gluten intake. I was such a gluten free role model, she said. I rolled my eyes, because I know how much I can take. I know my limits. And then tonite I crossed the line. Because sometimes when your house has very little food but all you've eaten for the day is lettuce, and popcorn, and wine, you really need food. And when the little bits of food you do have in the house include really good wheat bread and tuna fish and pickles...well, you can imagine what kind of role model I made tonite. And while my stomach starts to grumble, and my headache decides what time tomorrow it will like to strike I wish I'd taken my best friends advice. So boo to you friend for knowing my stomach better than I, and boo to you tuna melt for being such a lovely drug I haven't taken in over a year. And boo to me for knowing that a pita will not cross the line but for pretending that a sandwich will be just fine. And a big giant boo for knowing perfectly well that just fine is just not, and doing it anyways.

2 comments:

Claire Brewer said...

Who is this friend? She sounds like a total bi-atch!

Amelia Anne Flores Ireland said...

well...i wish that friend was sitting in our cupboard last nite when I grabbed the wheat bread. WHEAT bread.