Tuesday, April 28, 2009

she dreams in color, she dreams in red...




The nostalgia didn't hit me until I kept seeing flannel on the runways, in the stores, tailored to fit the ladies. Until I realized that most everyday I wake up and do something directly related to me being a teenager in the nineties. And I was just sitting around, avoiding the dishes as usual, and I started thinking about the funny things that were important to me in the 90's. This is just a few of them. Just in case your brain needs exercise we can take it jogging down memory lane...

I coveted these sandals. Today, I hate these sandals.


tvverdict.com
I coveted their freedom. Today, I just can't believe they had a telephone right in the middle of the kitchen. (btws, if you watch any current real worlds the phone is in a glass box where you get to hear the other parties convo as well)


farm1.static.flickr.com
I coveted, no wait, I went to the best shows of my life at this venue, the RKCNDY. Today, it's some online radio station thing only, or something.


jackpumkin666 photobucket thing.
OVERALLS!!! WINONA RYDER!!! I have the hair, I had the overalls.

www.boot.com
I wore mine to Tolo. I wish I never gave them away.

One time Jeremy Enigk was on the cover. He was wearing an old baseball tee and they drew wings on him. sigh...

people.com
And this is huh-larious. First of all because that's good old whatsername from the Singles movie, you know, the movie that defined the Grunge era. And second of all because that's good old whatsername twin pop star of 90's television phenomenon Full House. And mostly because it's supposed to be a whole, flannels back! expose or something. But really it's two super stars from the nineties. And they are in flannel and the pictures are 15 years apart. Basically this photo killed like 200 birds with one stone. Flannel. Singles. and Full House. BAM!

In 1995 I went through a phase where I would get a loaf of french bread and a tub of Philly Garden Vegetable cream cheese for lunch. Everyday. With a cherry coke. This was followed by my dream bar phase (sh*t bar is what we would call them), and my bean burrito phase, and finished with my cupcake and mt dew phase. For lunch. That is what I ate. I guess another thing I miss about the 90's is my metabolism.

No comments: